Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Anticipation

Well we are down to less than a week now until the "Great American Eclipse" happens. Lot of planning has gone into this one - from scouting venue and getting a room reservation 18 months in advance to reading lots of articles. Even some dry runs due to all the technical tools and software I'm going to try to use in order to both view the eclipse as well as photograph it.

At first I was not sure that driving to Nebraska was the very best decision, but given the tools I'm wanting to take it has been making more sense as the weeks unfolded. And of course seeing things like Hertz cancelling people's car reservations and screwing their plans also validates my desire for control!

I continue to pray for good weather - it started off looking iffy 10 days out but it seems to be slowly improving. I'm sure if it is a matter of a couple hundred miles shift I'll be up for that on eclipse day but really hoping Nebraska comes through as a clear sky venue so I can relax and enjoy the event. If it works out it will have been 47 years, 5 months, and 14 days between my first eclipse in 1970 and this pan-American event!


No comments: